Greek Lamb Meatballs
For the meatballs:
1 lb ground lamb
¼ cup finely chopped white onion
1 Tb finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tb finely chopped fresh mint
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the yogurt:
7 oz whole-milk Greek yogurt
2 tsps finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp ground cumin
Zest of 1 medium lemon,
minced 2 TB minced fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp minced lemon zest
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Form into 30 balls (about 2 tsps each) and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle, about 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine all yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Mix well. Serve with the meatballs.